Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Summer's Over

Tomorrow is my last day of freedom. I'm back at school in the morning along with many other teachers whose summer is officially over. I have to say that I'm not feeling particularly excited  but nor am I dreading it. The first couple of weeks at school here tends to be a bit of a disorganised mess. Highlighted by the fact that I don't actually know where I'll be teaching this year.

I had high hopes for my summer, some of which I've achieved and others not. I didn't manage to renovate the kitchen cabinet, or re-grout the patio tiles nor find endless resources for class on the net. I did however, manage to go to the beach, see some of the world windsurfing championship, have a few barbecues, take a few long siestas, walk the dogs and re-paint the garden walls. I worked enough to survive the summer (along with a hefty tax rebate) and I visited my parents in France.

Not bad I suppose. All in all it was a good summer free from the normal panic about finances and such things. Now I'm back and have endless things to do. I've joined the gym and I've decided to teach myself French so that should give me something to do in between classes.

Are YOU ready?

4 comments:

  1. I've luckily still got another two weeks left :) so not quite in the back to school mode!

    I do actually feel quite ready to go back though. I haven't done half of what I wanted to either - I went to Frankfurt, went to the beach for almost a week (and got a sun allergy!) so at least I got away.

    I've been working on a syllabus for my six year olds and have completed two units of lesson plans, I want to complete another unit this week but these two hour siestas don't make it easy!

    Oh and I definitely need to get back to the gym after about three months without going - I should start tomorrow, it being 1st September!

    Good luck with the new term and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leahn

    You've been very busy this summer! Wish you lots of luck on your first day back tomorrow after the long break. I am sure your new pupils will be thrilled to meet you!

    I must admit, it's very exciting to go back to teaching after a period away. My next full-time F2F teachers' refresher course is in November, and I'm already looking forward to it. Til then, I'll be busy working from home, being aided and abetted by the menagerie!

    Bonne chance avec le Francais!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies,

    Nice to see you both back here. My loyal crowd! My start date has been put back until Monday so I'm free for a bit longer.

    I'm going to be teaching in two new schools. One primary school and one secondary school. I'm looking forward to working with teens again. I may regret I said that in a couple of months but I hope not.

    I'll be popping over to your blogs now I'm back at home and have got my teaching and blogging hat back on.

    Muchas Gracias Chicas

    Leahn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm maybe you'd better postpone visiting my blog as I haven't written anything for ages! I keep meaning to but am busy with other stuff. I promise I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete