I saw this activity at a CLIL training session the other day and really liked it, so I thought that I’d share it with you. Although it was demonstrated in a CLIL setting it is perfectly doable in non-CLIL classes. Imagine you are at the end of a unit about travel.
1. Take 40 or so words that you want to revise.
2. Write a definition for about 20. (1. Where you stand and wait for your train –PLATFORM see image)
3. Give out a sheet of paper with the words on.
4. Put the class into groups.
5. Let each group read through the words.
6. Teacher reads out definitions and students guess the word.
7. Only give each group 30 seconds then change group.
8. Do a couple of rounds.
The timed element makes it fun. It’s really simple but effective! Many thanks to Trevor who shared this with us.